Sunday, January 23, 2011

If the shoe fits ...

These, we shall call Wammy Shoes, aren't they fun and frivolous!?
Jasmine made them all by herself, and they match her recent 'fairy' phase just beautifully!




Wammy is a wonderful construction set, which I hadn't heard of until Jasmine received a box as a gift.  It is so versatile and fun to use, and I find making a Wammy ball quite satisfying too!

_______________________________


These are the shoes Jasmine will be wearing in a couple of weeks.  No prizes for guessing where she'll wear them!  She's incredibly excited about venturing out in them.


I'm keeping Jasi's home ed. things handy as usual, for her to use after school, and so that she knows her place here is ready when she is.  If she comes back to home schooling after a term, we'll consider Kindergarten her first excursion, adventure or 'subject' for the year.  Jasmine will probably enjoy all the routines, crafts, and pleasing the teacher.  I'm glad she is self-motivated and choosing to step out of her comfort zone.  She is a study in contrasts, easily switching between confidence and clinginess, competence and neediness.  

It will be interesting to see how things unfold this year!  I'm nervous about how Jasi will manage her physical sensitivities and fussiness, which in familiar company can lead to meltdowns.  I have to trust the Lord to guide us in supporting her, trust the staff to treat her with care, and trust Jasmine to handle the challenges she faces.

_______________________________

Elijah is happy with the plan, aside from the early morning walks to take Jasmine to school.  I'll write about our adjusted home ed. plans another day.  He says "If she goes to school I'll be able to continue my research without Jasmine's constant interruptions."  Yikes, not at all self centred!  He told my mum that he and I will be able to go out to restaurants for lunch, because he likes seafood and Jasmine isn't so adventurous with food.  Hmmm, perhaps a sushi cafe, Sunshine!

5 comments:

  1. I'll bet she's excited! What day does she start?

    Had to laugh at Elijah's take on it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes, they are so cute, I'd wear those! What a great way to look at first term as an excursion if she comes home. If she doesn't it must mean she's growing and enjoying school. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shoes! So, are you 'trying out' school for your dd? I love that you will treat is as an adventure if she comes back to hs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good luck! Great shoes too :) I sincerely hope you have better luck in this department than we did! At the very least, it will be a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to write a comment?